WHO WE ARE
We seek to improve the lives of those who have experienced trauma due to crimes committed against them. If you or a loved one has been the victim of a crime, resources are available.
You deserve help. You deserve support. You deserve to feel safe.
Signed into law in 1984, the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) established the Crime Victims’ Fund in which millions of dollars are deposited annually from criminal fines, penalties, forfeited bail bonds, and special assessments collected by the federal government. These funds are then granted to organizations like ours so that we can support victims who have suffered physical, sexual, financial, or emotional harm as a result of the commission of a crime.
Responds to the emotional, psychological, and physical needs of crime victims
Assists crime survivors in stabilizing their lives after a victimization
Helps crime survivors understand and navigate the criminal justice system
Restores a measure of safety and security to crime survivors
Devotes resources to assist victims of crime in recovery
- Professional counseling
- Victims’ rights advocacy
- Needs assessments
- Application assistance for crime victims compensation benefits, including reimbursement for medical services, mental health counseling, lost wages, and other costs incurred as a result of the crime.
Case management including:
- Housing assistance
- Legal referrals
- Benefits assistance/referrals
- Court accompaniment
- Medical benefits
- Reside in San Antonio/Bexar County
- Be 18+ (guardians may submit on behalf of minors)
- NOT be incarcerated, under ankle monitoring, living in a halfway house, or on parole
- Identify as being a survivor of a violent crime
SUPPORT OUR MISSION
By giving to our Safe Services Program, you are helping us improve the lives of those who have experienced trauma due to crimes committed against them. With your support, these victims, who have often suffered physical, sexual, financial, or emotional harm, will receive the safety, stabilization, and recovery services they deserve.